My Birkbeck term ended a few weeks ago. I planned to use the free evenings (Monday and Wednesday were ‘school’ evenings) to write, write and write some more – no longer do I have the distractions of assignments, prescribed reading, etc.
What have I done since the end of term?
I have done the following:
- Read several novels, some novellas and a collection of short stories.
- Blogged about some, but not all, of the above reading on my blog Ruthless Readings.
- Moved my reading blog from Blogger to Word Press. (my old site is still there http://www.ruthlivingstone.blogspot.co.uk/).
- Spent ages making my new reading blog look pretty.
- Went away on two walking weekends and worked hard to catch up with my Coastal Walk blog.
- Did some travelling for work – Ascot, London, Taunton, Leicester, Newcastle and Milton Keynes.
- Felt guilty because I haven’t written anything for my Olympic Storyteller site recently.
- Watched football Euro 2012 and then watched Wimbledon.
- Thought about my forthcoming holidays and booked flight tickets.
You see, life is just so full of – well, full of – just full of – life is full of events, I suppose.
Next week, I promise I will get down to writing. Hang on, I’m going to Northampton on Tuesday, Bromsgrove on Wednesday, possibly Heathrow on Thursday … well, definitely by the end of the week then. Let me check – what about next weekend? No – I’m off walking again!