5 Year Writing Goal: October update
I’m taking part in Misha and Beth’s Five Year Project and my five-year goal is to write a novel and get it published. This is my update on progress this month.
Feedback on The Reluctant Scribe
A few months ago I sent my novel off for review by an adult historical fiction author and editor. Her comments were very positive and she provided me with a number of useful suggestions to consider.
What have I done with my novel since then?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Absolutely NOTHING at all.
Of course I’ve been busy. We’ve had a wonderful summer in England this year and I’ve been walking, walking and walking. Also, I’ve been doing lots of writing-related activity.
Here is what I’ve done:
- Walking: finished the South West Coast Path and made it into Wales.
- Updated my coastal walker blog.
- Started a new rambling blog – Ruthless Ramblings – so that I can talk about my non-coastal walking.
- Created an outline for a non-fiction book – Walking the English Coast, to complete during NaNoWriMo month.
- Started a new fiction novel, provisionally titled Quantum Circle.
- Immersed myself in my latest Birkbeck module: a wonderful poetry module The Open Page, with the very-talented Hannah Silva
- Wrote a performance poem for my first ever attendance at Stamford’s Pint of Poetry session.
However, none of the above is going to get The Reluctant Scribe published. Please would someone give me a kick in the behind.