Had a great time at the alt.fiction event at the Phoenix Centre in Leicester this weekend. Well worth going and I am looking forward to next year already. The rail service let me down Sunday, but that’s a different story.
Highlights are listed below.
- meeting Twitter friends, especially @mariaAsmith
- making new friends, including @IsoldeJansma
- Short Story Workshop by Alex Davis – all about how to sell your short stories and introducing us to the excellent Duotrope website
- Meeting the writer Graham Joyce (@Grafire) and buying his book and getting his signature
- Attending the reading of an excellent radio play by Keith Large (@KeithLarge3) – the very funny Carrot Nappers.
And, of course, reading my short story extract at the Flash Fiction open mic session. It wasn’t sci-fi, fantasy or horror, but nobody threw tomatoes and there was some polite applause- and even a little laughter. (And, I better just clarify, the piece was supposed to be funny.)