Here is a tip for those of us who started out with a vague idea of where our story was heading but, 7 days later, we seem to have strayed off on a tangent.
NaNo writing tip number three
Get back on track.
- Find a notebook with a blank page.
- At top of page, write a brief sentence describing where you are now in your story.
- At the bottom of the page, write a brief sentence describing where you want to be at the end of this chapter or section or, if you want to plan that far ahead, by the end of the novel.
- Jot down a few of the important milestones you need to pass along the way – maybe some you have already planned and maybe some that have only just occurred to you.
- Next time you sit down and take up the story, make sure you are heading towards that first milestone.
One thought on “Day 7: NaNoWriMo writing tip”
Good tip Ruth, thank you. 🙂