Had a good writing day today. Still only managed just under 2,200 words. At this rate, I will finish on December 10th. Not good enough!
So, quick calculation: I need to keep going at rate of 2009 words a day.
Yes, I can do it.
After 3 days of non-writing, massive catch up today. Still 6000 words behind schedule but am motoring on. And the plot is becoming more exciting…..
How is my MA application going? Well, I have had an email asking for a sample of my written work, no more than 5000 words of fiction. After some agonising, I have decided to submit a sample from my current NaNoWriMo project. It may not be polished, but it has vigour and immediacy to the writing. The alternative is a short story I have been working on, but that has been edited to death and only comes to over 1,000 words. So NaNoWriMo it is.
Have had three very busy days.
- Day 1: Working all day, including chairing a meeting.
- Travelling down to London and finding I had booked a hotel for the wrong month!
- Day 2: Spending a day doing workshops – 9 hours on my feet.
- Travelling to Birmingham by train and finding hotel in a rainstorm.
- Revising into early hours for an accreditation session.
- Day 3: Doing an accreditation session.
- Travelling back home by slow cross country train.
- Then 1600 words before bedtime.
Only 6000 words behind schedule!
My application for the MA in creative writing has been received and references have been requested. I mustn’t read too much into this. I think they request automatically and, if I remember, I ticked the box that asked for an email to be sent to my referees. I must keep my expectations low for the moment.
Got distracted today and only managed 841 words today. Why? Because I went back and started changing things already written. Must stop doing that. Tomorrow I will do better. Definitely.