Why am I doing NaNoWriMo again?
Last year I sat down and started writing during NaNoWriMo month. Was I a NaNo winner?
- Yes, I achieved the 50,000 NaNo words.
- No, I didn’t finish the manuscript.
In fact, there are 4 unfinished books sitting on my hard drive.
I’m not exactly a completer-finisher.
So last year I decided I would definitely not begin another manuscript until I’d finished at least one of my previous NaNo projects.
But, refusing to learn from experience, I simply can’t resist the excitement of NaNo. And so I find myself taking part in NaNo again this year.
- I enjoy the freedom of sitting down and just WRITING.
- Because I enjoy the discipline of knowing I MUST achieve 1,666 words a day.
- I enjoy telling myself DON’T EDIT. Just keep going.
- And I like being part of the world-wide NaNo community.
So, for me, NaNoWriMo is a wonderful self-indulgent writing festival. I’m doing it again. I’m loving it. Maybe this year I’ll finish something. Maybe not.
I really don’t care!
4 thoughts on “November = NaNoWriMo month”
Good on you Ruth! Everything you say resonates with me, but unlike you, I haven’t joined this year. I really need to finish a novel.
I shall be cheering you on from the sidelines.
Finishing is really important. Good luck with it, Marie.
I’ll be dancing up and down and cheering from the sidelines. ^_^ My goal is also to /finish/ rather than to focus on the 50k.
See you at the finish? 😉
Ill be panting along in your dust!